Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, April 30, 2018

GO GROW SOME ART

If you are new to this blog you may not know that a little under a year ago I found my little Florida nest. I had wanted a resting place - wait - not a FINAL resting place, just a little artist cottage to call my own. I will still travel but most likely not as a full time nomad. My first year in Central Florida came with a high heat drought, then a major hurricane, followed but a extremely cold winter with several nights below freezing. We all survived. Unfortunately the few plants that I had gotten started had some fatalities. Live and learn. The first year or two is a learning curve.

As a mandala artist I of course wanted a living mandala. And it is coming along just fine this spring.


And Buddha's corner is really shaping up too.



And just to give a little perspective, what I started with was dismal. I gave myself a $200 cash budget and "permission" to work as hard and long as I loved. And I do love it. I am so happy that it is spring. This will only get better.

The front of the MoHo? Of course I painted a card table top and put it up in the first few weeks of purchasing the cottage. Last week I found a free bowling ball and "HIPPAFIED" that. It is in the style of Hungarian-French Op Artist Victor Vasarely.  I think it goes quite nicely on the upside-down vase that I also found in the free pile at the thrift store.

So there ya go - A spring filled post. Now go grow some art!

Chau 4 now.



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and inspiring me on what to do with my lawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My goal is to have all perennials and no lawn at all. What you see is 25 bags of mulch from last year and it needs a topping each year to make it look good. More plants means less mulch :) more butterflies, bees, and birds. I have been selecting pollinators to attract them. Working in the garden is moving meditation for me.

    ReplyDelete