Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, May 7, 2018

HIGHEST PURPOSE OF ART

This week was back to work as Program Coordinator for the Leesburg Center For the Arts. Well every day is that. I never did stop thinking, researching and designing graphics and programs during the time that the building was taken over and turned into the "Rat's Hole Bar" for Bike Fest. It was great to get back among the creative community and good vibe. I immediately got to organizing and clearing out one of the little offices. We are redesigning and making planning and volunteer space complete with white boards for scheduling and bookcases for all the wonderful art books people have generously donated. More and more people are coming forward and offering help. It is exciting.

There was a gallery opening Friday Night of the artists that participated in this season's "Artist Way" study group. WOW! Their creations were so inspiring and fun! I was blown away. Of course I found this meme in my day today. :)


My work carried on into the weekend which was accompanied by either rain or the fear of rain. This kept my fanny off my bike and nestled into my sofa with my laptop. I cranked out graphic teasers for a CUPPING event happening on Friday. It is a coffee roasting and tasting. I also worked on a flyer for the new photography club meetings, workshop proposal outlines, a procedure manual and some more layouts for an art/craft fest in September. You may be seeing Facebook teasers for that in the coming weeks. Don't be surprised to see a lot of Dylan references too without explanation (at first). It is all fun.


Sooooo.... Right about now (Sunday night) I am done typing and looking at a laptop. I am ready to watch a film.

OH YES!!!! The film festival of Photographer Documentaries begins tomorrow (Monday) at the center. Do join us if you are in the area. 7:15 pm. "An Art That Nature Makes."  I am so looking forward to it. The popcorn and camping chair are sitting by my front door already for the car.


No mandalas this week Patt? Of course there are. Looking for Dylan stencils online today I came across this merging of Dylan + Stencil Art + Mandalas. Right click, save and print. Have fun coloring!

Happy Mandala Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment