Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, May 14, 2018

YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY


I have been playing around with record albums. Sunday I came across a bag of old broken crayons, the really cheap poor quality DollarTree kind. I decided to make some use of them and play around combining them with heat and vinyl. It was a hot cloudy day here in Central Florida. Perhaps I should have saved this experiment for the winter months when I need to heat up but alas, inspiration comes when inspiration comes.

Although not happy with the result it gave me some more ideas. That is what the artistic process is about. Many of us hold on to the finished result not realizing the result is the process. Experimentation is vital to art. From experimentation new techniques are discovered.

Besides I can always re-purpose this again into ?????  Any suggestions? It is covered in cheap crayon wax. :)

Short process video below.



Hasta Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment