Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, May 21, 2018

SPINNING ANOTHER RECORD

We have been having several days full of rain lately so I had limited time in my garden but got a chance to do more experimenting with vinyl records. (BTW - The crayon experiment IMHO was a BIG FAIL.) I am so glad I had the time this weekend to play because now I am inundated with design work. Things can change in an instant. When the market calls I respond.

The last experiment that I was able to perform was this string art record.



I felt that my drill wasn't getting enough play time. Using my trusty protractor, ruler and pencil I made some marks where to drill holes and VOILA - string art. Those are those paper fasteners holding the yarn in place. It was much easier than threading yarn through each hole. I like the concept a lot.





Saturday I wrapped my laundry room in plastic tablecloths and really got my hands in the paint. I adapted a plastic lazy susan so as to spin some records with acrylic pours. It was definitely messy BUT SO MUCH FUN! Check it out >>>>  AND KEEP PLAYING!


No comments:

Post a Comment