Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, April 2, 2018

SPRING HAS SPRUNG


Finally the cold has subsided in Central Florida and I have been out biking and consequently foraging. You can see so much more from the seat of a bike. The thing is you can't carry all that much.

Yesterday while foraging on the side of a main road in Fruitland Park/Leesburg some worried residents of a mobile home park approached me. At first they were afraid that I had fallen off my bike (no kickstand - I just lay the bike on the ground) but then they saw what I was doing. I was picking up pods of the liquidambar tree - sweet gum - AKA GUMBALLS!!!  They wanted to know what I was going to do with them, then told me where to park to my car when I come back to get the mother-load that had rolled down the hill. Yes hill. I live along the Ocala incline. We have hills here.



So - If anyone wants to go on a foraging adventure with me just let me know. I am talking "legal" foraging. I always stress not to gather things from wildlife preserves and government run parks but sometimes people get excited and forget that part, as did members of the garden club that I presented to in February. I received a lovely thank you note the other day. One of the things mentioned was some attendees got so excited and went out foraging in their local restricted areas. WHOOPS! A notice had to go out to "stop it." I did have to laugh. I find it flattering that I inspired them.


And I too am inspired, by this warmer weather. The studio is full of color. I am finally getting my batik prayer flags for my garden strung. I am also making up the minis for sale at concerts and festivals.


If you are in the  Leesburg area do check out the free indie concert happening at the LCFA on April 13th. It is free and open to the public. The gallery space is vacant right now so we are renting artisan tables for that night only. Cost: $5. Come on down and enjoy the show!


ART OF SONG

https://www.facebook.com/events/414987808925010/


AND LAST CALL TO TAKE MY MANDALA IN WATERCOLOR CLASS THURSDAY!

DETAILS - https://www.facebook.com/events/192895814599030/

No comments:

Post a Comment