Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, January 1, 2018

WELCOMING IN A BRILLIANT 2018

BRILLIANT NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I hope it was a happy and safe and celebratory time for you. As I have a new "nest" I decided to forgo the festivities at the clubhouse and cook super healthy food for myself, catch up on some Masterpiece Theater DVD's from the local library and reflect upon the past while looking forward to the exciting future.

This year's adjective is BRILLIANT! Last year's was AWESOME. I am working/playing my way through the alphabet.



Today I finished the gold inking of this 11" x 14" watercolor mandala while the cold rain came down. Taking photographs of the mandala in natural light was a bit of a challenge, but I was able to snap this one out on the covered porch. Rain and watercolors don't mix. Well actually they do which is the danger. The rain thwarted my Trail Association hike this morning but I shall not complain. Rainy days are great days to peacefully render on paper. Hopefully we will be able to see the full moon over the lake tonight.

And... That's it. Get back to your relaxation and chilling out on this first day of the new year. Here is toasting (for me with a cup of hot tea) to a AWESOMELY BRILLIANT ART-FULL YEAR!

PS: I have two watercolor mandala workshops coming up at the Leesburg Center For the Arts. They are in March and April so I will fill you in closer to the dates. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment