Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, January 22, 2018

STABLE OF STALLIONS

OK, the title of this post is a bit tongue in cheek and has nothing to do with Mandala Monday except for the fact I have been incredibly busy. WHY?

A couple of weeks ago I accepted a part time position at the LCFA as the Program Coordinator. This is BRILLIANT for me especially living in a brand new part of the world. Connections in the art and business arenas abound. My mind is absorbing and clicking and clacking on programs and projects. This temporarily leaves me less time for my personal artwork. I am getting my brain wrapped around it all though. It is simply an adjustment having 10 scheduled hours and non-scheduled inspiration and follow-through time. One of these" brilliant "inspirations is the rise to the title of this post.


Fashion Week in Leesburg happens is in March. Eight professional designers will be showcasing complete with runway. When I heard this my brain's gears started churning with the question, "How do we get kids involved?" BAM, instantly my Little Read Dress Workshop came to mind. As a former designer and costumer myself I had to jump right on in and make a proposal.

Lake County Eco Fashion Design Competition 2018

It is a go! A call to the high school student artists/designers of Lake County, Florida is forthcoming. I will be traveling to area high schools to chat with the students, plus boys and girls clubs, YMCAs, etc. It is exciting getting our youth turned onto art and into environmental responsibility.

HELEN HELPING OUT
So my stable of stallions? In the back room of the Leesburg Center For the Arts I spied two male mannequin torsos. I had worked out different ways for the student designers to make their newspaper garments at the Center. Out of all the options I chose having uniform dress forms. I am now paper mache'ing 15 unisex light weight and portable mannequins. Yes I know - time consuming. Each form needs to be 5 to 6 layers of paper, glue and paint, and cardboard stands made. I will be bringing the original rubber forms from my Home Studio to Open Studio meetings (every Friday @ 10 AM) at the LCFA so that other artists can volunteer to help me get them done. Also if you are in the area instead of getting together for coffee and drinks at a cafe with me COME ON OVER TO MY STUDIO and get your hands sticky. Volunteer - that is what I am doing. It is good for the soul.

As for my CronePods...

I did get some sunshine time to add more wrinkles to a piece yesterday. She called to me, "Pay attention!" Of course my dear wise woman, of course..

More on my fine art pieces another time. I need to get sticky. :)

Make some mandalas and send me the pics.

Saluti!

No comments:

Post a Comment