Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, January 15, 2018

A BEAMING GOOD VIBE WEEK

Last week was simply brilliant. The people I came in contact with both in person and online just seemed to be beaming. My media/lecture event at the LCFA was stupendous. Attendance was almost double what was expected. We had to bring out more chairs from the back. Some photos are at the end of the post.

I showed my environmental sculpture work, one of my mandala videos and my Buenos Aires book as well. I also joyed in showing the works of my favorite mandala-land artists. I covered mandala history as religious art, ceremonial art and street art. This segued into an Inspirational Earth Art Tour of the works of several artists including Ines Barro de Batista and Ana Castiho of Portugal, And Keith Beaney of the UK. The four of us have never met each other in person but are in an online group of Nature Mandala lovers. I posted my photos of the evening on the group page and tagged the three artists. I received messages from each of them. I think good work should be celebrated and shouted out.


Keith creates the most colorful mandala calendars each year. I love his work. It is so full and warm and abundant like a huge loving hug from Mother Earth. I will link the facebook page for his calendar here so that you can place your order. My calendar is on the way to Florida from the UK today. I am SO EXCITED!


The next part of the LCFA event was an invitation to join together and participate in making two joint mandalas. It was wonderful. So many people happily engaged. Many were seeing the materials I brought from private trails in the area with a whole new frame of reference.  In fact, I heard from the director of the Center For the Arts that a group that attended got together and made mandalas on the walking trails of their gated community. They wanted to surprise and delight trail walkers. Now that makes my heart sing!

The night was a huge success.  I just love my work/play.

Here are some more photos. Until next week....make it BRILLIANT!










No comments:

Post a Comment