Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, December 25, 2017

WHEN ART CREATES ITSELF THROUGH YOU

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. I just wanted to jump on for a second to wish you a wonderful day. I am currently in Lake County, FL and not traveling for a change. I am at my own home (thank you Universe) and am helping out a neighbor who went up north to be with family for the week. I am taking care of his dog.


No, this is not a photo of Slippers from next door. This photo spread is from one of my books NATURE MANDALAS WITHIN AN URBAN LANDSCAPE - BUENOS AIRES. I came upon it while pulling some images for the lecture that I am giving on January 10th at the Leesburg Center For the Arts. The red of the ceibo flower (cockspur coral - the national flower of Argentina) is so vibrant it made me think of Christmas. The dog is a former neighbor from when I lived in Cabillito, a barrio of Buenos Aires. Oh those eyes... they sure know how to pull at your heart strings.

The two images, nature and cityscape, worked perfectly. The red of the flowers and of his collar, the shape and color of the corner leaves and his ears, the straight lines of the cut reeds and the lines of the paneling mirror one another. It wasn't planned. The entire book was not planned. The pairing up of the small nature mandalas made in the urban parks with photos of my adopted city just created itself. I will be talking about the aspect of art and intuition and flow on the 10th. Yes, in the right circumstances you are the instrument AND you are the music - you are the art.


Enjoy! I hope to see you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment