Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, December 11, 2017

MANDALA MONDAYS - AN INTENTION

It has been a long time since I posted to this blog. Two and a half years to be exact. Have I been busy? OH YES! I have relocated from Argentina and Massachusetts to Central Florida. It took two years of going across and back and up and down the USA to find my new space complete with art studio and lake. I have been drawing and painting mandalas all along the way and winning some art shows for my earth art creations as well. It has been grand and it keeps getting better. I have events to announce coming soon but for now I am only calling out one...

MANDALA MONDAYS - AN INTENTION

I made an intention and wrote it down the other day. "Get back to posting. Make Mondays for Mandala InSPIRITation." Mandala drawing soothes anxiety. The neatness and symmetry pulls one away from fracturing thoughts and into focused pleasure. It is best to draw them with non-lyric soothing music or in quiet. Ditch the TV and background conversations. Put on some headphones to drown out the noise and head to a calm space outside and within.

There is a cold snap happening here right now. It won't last long but it is uncomfortably cold in my studio so I headed to the Fruitland Park Public Library. I set myself up by a sunny window, booted up my netbook to complete some business outlines and correspondences and then plugged into wonderful meditation music. I took out a mandala that I wanted to finish and now I feel so centered and peaceful even with a long "to do list". I am writing this post as the silver metallic ink dries. It feels so beautiful. There is inner peace where there could be chaos.

This is The Practice. It is Meditation with Art. More on that in future posts...

Intend for yourself to take at least 20 minutes a day and chill out. Do something peaceful, focusing and centering. You deserve it. That "to do list" will get done far faster and with more ease so you will gain back those 20 minutes and more!

All dry and my belly calls for some of the spicy chili that I cooked up yesterday to take the chill out. I am heading back to the studio for lunch. Namaste.



1 comment: