Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, August 6, 2018

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT THEM!


Monday Monday – Mandala Monday.


I have been playing around with items from the art supply room at the center, those which we have a lot of and should be putting to good use at events. I took home a big mixed bag of beads for experimentation over the weekend. When I write mixed bag I mean mixed. The bag is quite a hodgepodge of styles and shapes. I put the beads through an old colander, shook them well and separated out the small seed beads, extracted the big odd beads and came up with a peanut canister full of the rest. I kicked back in my hammock in the shade yesterday and strung them onto wire.

We just had a big fundraising event at the center and have empty wine bottles to use up so I found an empty one of my own in my cottage studio and wrapped away.

Voila! A kitschy-crafty BOHO something bottle. It's not sophisticated fine art. It is simply fun.

To keep the the MANDALA theme going for this blog I wired a circle together and attached it to the front.

WARNING: These are not edible gourmet jelly beans. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT THEM!. :) But that would be a cool idea for a clear bottle. Use less yarn, put jelly beans inside and wire beads onto the outside top. BTW - This bottle design took 10 feet of wire and beads to complete.

And that's it for this Mandala Monday. HAVE COLORFUL FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment