Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, August 20, 2018

BREAK SET

Friday I finally finished a big project. It felt so good to complete the Leesburg Center for the Arts FALL 2018 CATALOG - here's the link.  Also last Wednesday we premiered my baby - the first LCFA OPEN ACOUSTIC ART LOUNGE. Both were great successes. I still need to upload the edited performance videos to the LCFA youtube channel but I am notorious for doing web work on my days off and this weekend I stuck to my resolve to wait until I am in the office on Wednesday. Things can wait.

This past weekend to get my creativity out I messed about with several projects all of which were a BUST! A big fat failure. Well - only if you are so tied to the final product and not the process. I do admit I felt frustrated at spending so many hours "in process" without something to hold in my hand and tell myself  "well done" but... the process was very important. I experimented with new things and learned what didn't work. Go ahead and insert that Thomas Edison quote. :) I also reminded myself that although something may look cool on the internet, it isn't necessarily an art form that juices my inner artist.

This morning (my day off) rather than going to my studio to make somethin' I heeded a different call. "GET ON YOUR BIKE!"  I pumped up my tires, put on a bathing suit top (because I was going to be dripping wet in the matter of 5 minutes), and a pair of bike shorts. loaded my day pack with bottles of frozen water and headed out away from town. "Too long Patt. Too long - you love this. Do not deny the little pleasures of life you driven woman." 

When I got back to the BoHo MoHo BOO I hydrated, hit the pool, ate lunch, and then decided to clean out my laundry room. Did I write "driven"? Sitting still during daylight hours is an issue with me.


There on top of my shelving unit I found a new friend, a mischievous looking ceramic turtle that my neighbor had rescued from the dumpster many months ago. It is covered in MANDALAS. Monday's FAILED post has been saved! I guess I am going to mess with somethin" after all. :)  Enjoy the "process"...

Have a wonderful Mandala Monday!
Chau 4 now.


No comments:

Post a Comment