Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, August 13, 2018

CHILL OUT WITH YARN MANDALAS

Good Mandala Monday to Yarn'all!

Keeping with the crafty theme while prepping for LCFA OPEN and BOHO FEST I present a blast from the past. At least from my past. We made these little mandalas as kids. People still make them for their children's spiritual protection. I also made them as hippie adult not that long ago camping with the Rainbow Family off grid in the mountains of Chile. (Don't knock it until you try it. The vistas were stupendous and the people - muy amable).


Stateside yarn mandalas were very popular in the 60's. It has been said if you remember the 60's you weren't there. Well I was. My long term memory kicked in once I picked up some sticks and yarn and Voila - or rather HAY! (spanish) MANDALA TEJIDO - OJO DE DIOS - HUICHOL (mexico) GOD'S EYE (english).

They are simple to make and you can expand them to be more complicated if you chose. I made a short video of a sampler of basic wraps that I did last week. Really - no art skills required!

Come to LCFA OPEN this Wednesday night. There will be sticks and yarn available, as well as beads and bottles and blot stains to doodle, People will be sharing art and fun on stage. Kick back and watch or join in. If I can steal myself away from facilitating I'll be happy to show you the basics.



Stop by the LCFA "OPEN" MIC & ART LOUNGE!

It's the chill place to be this Wednesday evening.

429 West Magnolia St. Leesburg, FL



No comments:

Post a Comment