Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, February 2, 2015

DID THE PATRIOTS MAKE ME HOMESICK?

CONGRATULATIONS PATS - WELL DONE :) The New England Patriots won another Super Bowl last night. I caught the game at a local watering hole here in San Telmo. I am still searching for my physical voice this morning.

I have been busy making mandalas and playing in the few natural spaces here in the area. In just two days I head off to Uruguay for a week. I am hoping for great weather as the last few times I have visited things were pretty rained out, such as roads! There is a town on the coast named Piriapolis with a big hill called the Cerro San Antonio. I hope to climb up it. I will tell you of the legend in a future post. Wish me some dry days to get to the top. In the meantime, here are some pretty little mandalas made on the costanera sur here in Buenos Aires. I have also entered them in the NATURE GALLERY page (link in the right side bar).

EUCALYPTUS LEAVES & SYCAMORE SEED PODS
Below one of the elements I happily found were leaves from the Tulip Tree. The first time I knowingly encountered a tulip tree was at Borderland State Park in Easton, MA where I created the seven foot mandala art installation last fall. There's one tree on the main trail by the farm house and another by the Ames Mansion. Check them out if you live nearby. Bring snowshoes or cross country skis. Actually you better wait. It is s deciduous tree. You would have a hard time finding the trees without their distinctive leaves or tulip like flowers. 

 




I admit that I have been - hmmm - not sure if this is the correct word or not - HOMESICK for my native New England woods but in all practicality they are under snow and more is on the way. Please hold up the fort for me and watch your back. Warm up those muscles before and after you shovel!
I will be back soon, after the melt!

Need some help with that back? Check out my other blog for my private practice and workshops. This is a post to help you with that back spasm. Click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! Hasta Pronto - Until Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment