Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Friday, February 13, 2015

777 ROCK HEARTS

I took a little break from the big city of Buenos Aires and headed over the river to calming Uruguay for a week. I spent the majority of my time climbing up and down the hills in and around the coastal town of Piriapolis. I had fantastic weather and had hoped to make some nature mandalas in the hills but this year the season is very dry and except for the eucalyptus leaves there was little to forage from the ground. I did however hike along the rocky coast and created a few mandalas out of mussel shells.


On the last night in town I meet up with an old friend and we went to see Guillermo Busch's art exhibition "777 Piedras Corazon" (777 Rock Hearts). He has been gathering heart-shaped rocks, stones and pebbles for many years. Spirit surely inspires and guides this artist. I especially loved the installments that looked into little environments of colors, light and shapes. What a lovely sense of whimsy and love of nature. I feel so happy that I went to the exhibit. I was allowed to take photos and I am including my favorites below. I have watermarked them. I thought to make Valentine's Day cards out of them as tomorrow is that LOVEly day but today it seemed a bit schmaltzy so I am leaving them as I shot them - perfect!

 

 



If you are in the area check out the show. It is at the

Pabellón de las Rosas



Until next time - Let Nature and Art Recreate You.
WIFI NOT NEEDED!

Stay tuned for more information about Meditation and Mandala Making Workshops coming in New England's late spring. After all that snow melts.



No comments:

Post a Comment