Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, October 1, 2018

CROCHETING FRIENDSHIP INTO A MANDALA

I have three special women friends in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We met several years ago at the Club Europeo. They were in my "So To Speak" English conversation group. Often I was asked by others, "Patt, you speak English well. Why are you here?" Well, besides the fact I was extremely welcomed and valued at the Monday meetings I had another reason for attending. I wanted to gain knowledge about the Argentine culture in a language that I could understand. I could ask questions and get understandable replies all while being helpful by correcting their English. And ther was another HUGE added benefit. I could make friends.

Those three women and I became Las Rebelas (The Rebels). When the club shut from late December to March for summer holidays we continued to meet at my apartment or hang out for dinner downtown. And even when we all stopped our club memberships our deeply rooted friendship continued through new babies to job changes, boyfriends and long trips away.

They call me Swami Patt for all the sharing of angel cards, dowsing rods, spiritual teachings and grounding techniques through difficulties. But most importantly, they call me their friend.


They gave me this crocheted mandala when I left Argentina. It now hangs in the kitchen of my BoHo MoHo Boo in Central Florida. I feel the warmth of their friendship each time it catches my eye. Many times I have attempted and failed to crochet something similar. I don't know why it is but I am a complete disaster at crochet. Youtubes do not help. I need someone to gently guide me and my hands, in person, with the buena onda (good vibe) of an old friend.

So how about it? Are you near Leesburg, FL? Are you patient and kind? Can you teach me how to crochet a mandala? We can do it in English :). or ....

Would you want to teach a group class at the Leesburg center for the Arts? :) <3 Please let me know.

Besitos y Abracitos
Swami Patt

No comments:

Post a Comment