Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, July 23, 2018

POUR COLOR ALL OVER MY UNIVERSE

What is circular but not a mandala.... LOTS OF STUFF.

I took a little break from mandalas last week but I did stick to the circular form. I love curved shapes and circular patterns.

In preparation for teaching high school level summer art camp I have been doing acrylic pours on vinyl records. I am challenging the kids with new mediums and the learning curve with the paper pulp and glue may become a but frustrating. Therefore, I wanted to be sure to change things up and facilitate projects that are totally fun and different.The second (or third) day I am orchestrating an afternoon of acrylic pouring on vinyl records

Records are ancient "things" much loved for the music held in their grooves. As for using them for acrylic pours they are a little harder to manipulate than canvases. There is nothing to grab onto such as a stretcher/frame. The artist needs patience, balance and concentration or OOPS!

Featured here are a few of the pours that I did over the last week. It is so interesting to see how they morph even after you stop tilting and torching them. Different colors and patterns keep emerging from underneath the top plasticizing layer.


These pours remind me of colorful plants. YES! we are creating new UNIVERSES at SUMMER ART CAMP! COLOR MY WORLD!


Well that's it for now. I need to get to the center early to set up the art stations and welcome my new young artists. This is going to be a fun and educational experience for all. I will share some photos next Monday. Until then...

chau 4 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment