Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, August 4, 2014

CROP CIRCLES AND STAYING DRY

When it isn't possible to create in the woods due to darkness, weather or location there is always pencil, pens, ruler and paper.  The Sunday after camping I chose to stay inside in a dry spot, listen to instrumental music and draw.  I thought I would share.  I do believe this mandala will become my new logo.   I used a black sharpie on watercolor paper.  It will be interesting to see it after applying water color pencil.  Stay tuned.....


8.5" x 8.5"  WATERCOLOR PAPER AND SHARPIE INK

And here is an asymmetrical mandala that I did during our pouring rain night while staying dry in the tent.  People say it looks like crop circles.  Maybe....


Sketch paper and sharpie ink.  I usually fill in with colored permanent marker but I am letting it sit for awhile to percolate.


So whether you can get to nature and use her paint box of colors and textures or not you can always create from your heart.  It is an amazing meditation.  If your mind begins to wander you know it and are brought back to the mandala and it's symmetry. Yes, symmetry even in the asymmetrical "crop circle" drawings.  It is all sacred geometry.




Draw some mandalas.  It is wonderfully relaxing.  I highly suggest you get some supplies and begin yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment