Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Monday, June 4, 2018

WINE, INSPIRATION & ART

We had a full house for my Mandala Drawing workshop at Mt Dora's Modernism Museum this last weekend. Wine, Inspiration & Art abounded. Here are a few photos of the fun.


















Although we did not have time enough to add too much detailing over the color, all the participants could take their artwork home and continue to embellish. One woman said she was going to teach this to her seniors at her center. I laughed, "You are stealing my job." All in good fun. In fact, I suggested for her seniors she should take note of their dexterity. Many seniors with arthritis in their hands would find the compass difficult to use. While still utilizing the mandala design concept she could switch it up for them and provide a template. Or she could have them create circular designs in many colors using watercolors and sponging. The ideas are limitless. The most important part is getting people to participate happily in the art process.

And as for stealing my job...(insert smile) I have more mandala workshops coming up this summer. One of which will be painting Mandalas on Canvas at the Leesburg Center for the Arts in July. I will be announcing registration details in my next blog post.

Chau 4 now!

PS: David Bowie's Memphis Collection is currently at the Modernism Museum. Why not head over there next Saturday and check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment