Nature Mandala within an Urban Landscape - Buenos Aires

Sunday, January 4, 2015

A FUN START

What a fun way to begin the New Year.  The other day I went to the costanera sur and made my first nature mandala of the year.  I have no idea the names of the trees the foraged materials came from so I will need to do a bit of googling in order to label the photos.  What made this mandala extra fun is the Venezuelan tourists that stopped by to see what I was doing.  They instantly started taking photos of the finished piece and INSTAGRAMMING them to their friends.  Then they too had to get into the picture.

I NEED TO GOOGLE THE INGREDIENTS
UPDATE: THE BALLS IN THE CENTER ARE SEED PODS FROM THE PLANE (SYCAMORE) TREE AND THE BRANCHES FROM THE MONKEY PUZZLE TREE.

This is not uncommon.  I think I have only made two mandalas in Argentina where people have not come to look and appreciate the works of energetic art.  One of those times I was alone on the median strip of a busy avenue (hey if I can find stuff to forage I go there) and the other time the surrounding people had already taken cover from the rain.


So I am continueing the good work. It makes me happy. It makes others happy and it celebrates the earth.  Protect and honor her.  It is the only one we have.


As I mentioned in my last post there are now gallery pages and an artist's bio at the blog site.  Look to the right side bar near the top.  >>>

I have new mandala projects brewing including a line of gift cards.  The other projects are still floating around my mind in concept stage.  Stay tuned.


Oh and don't forget to check my other blog!
bebestblog.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment